The shocking story out of Cleveland has the entire country asking what could drive anyone to kidnap and hold three women captive for over a decade! To help get answers, Tom asked Fox News Channel contributor and psychiatrist Dr. Keith Ablow what leads people to commit such evil acts.
Dr. Ablow, who has worked on many sexual abuse cases, said he would love to learn more about the suspects’ pasts because many many times the predators were victims themselves. However, Dr. Ablow also suggested that internet porn could have also driven these men to commit these crimes.
Click here to listen as Dr. Ablow explains why he thinks the internet is “public enemy number one.”
1) Three missing women found alive in Cleveland, Ohio! Three man have been arrested.
2) The suicide rate is up among middle-aged males. Why?
3) A new GOP plan would give employees the options of taking paid time off instead of overtime pay. The White House says this plan is “anti-worker”.
4) Deep in the Obama budget is a plan that would allow agencies to crackdown on those who abuse government housings. The budget would have allowed time limits and work requirements.
5) Business Insiders: Conservatives are WRONG about the trillions Immigration reform will cost us
1)NY Sen. Schumer says the ability for making an undetectable gun with a 3D printer is “stomach-churning” and needs to be STOPPED!
President Obama: Reject those that warn you about government tyranny
TX Governor Rick Perry NRA intro video from this weekend:
2) The suicide rate is up among middle-aged males. Why?
3) Israel apparently conducted air strikes on Syria this weekend
4) Whistle-blower to FOX NEWS: Hillary Clinton tried to cut the State department’s own counter-terrorism bureau out of the chain of reporting and decision-making during the Benghazi attack
5) The Senate is expected to pass the online sales tax today. What the House will do is another question.
Is Obamacare steaming toward a train wreck? That’s what former GW Bush adviser Karl Rove says. He joins Tom to explain why. Then, why is the so-called recovery taking so long? Harvard University economist Martin Feldstein gives his take. And, will a new internet sales tax kill small online businesses? The president of Golfclubs.com Lou Doctor explains why it will hurt online retailers and the economy. Then, Nancy Pelosi says government-funded child care will “unleash” women. Fox News contributors Monica Crowley and Jehmu Greene debate it. And, Tom asks Riverfront Investment Group chairman Michael Jones why revenues are down but the stock market is up. Plus, the panel tackles whether President Obama will really be able to close Gitmo, whether 15-year-old girls should be able to buy the morning after pill, and why the FBI ignored several warnings about bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev. All that and Tom hears from you with Comment Roulette!
TUNE IN TO “THE TOM SULLIVAN SHOW” SATURDAY 7&10 PM ET & SUNDAY 7 PM ET ON FOX BUSINESS
The “Baby Sammy” case is creating national headlines and has reignited the debate over parents rights and when its appropriate for the government to step in and take children away.
Last week, Sacramento police and child protective services took Baby Sammy Nikolayev into protective custody after his parents removed their son from Sutter Memorial to get a second opinion. Alex and Anna Nikolayev say they were unhappy with the care their five-month-old was getting at the hospital and decided to leave. However, they left without properly discharging Sammy and CPS was called after doctors felt the child’s health was at risk. (READ MORE HERE)
Attorney Joe Weinberger, who’s representing the Bikolayev, says “Sammy” was unjustly taken away and this case is just the tip of the iceberg. Weinberger says similar incidents occur on a “regular and ongoing basis” and CPS is too aggressive when it comes to taking children away from parents. LISTEN BELOW as Weinberger describes to Tom how Sammy was removed from his parents and how the government is doing stuff like this far too often:
**PLUS** While A representative from Sutter Memorial could not go on the air with us, they did release this statement:
At Sutter Memorial Hospital, children with cardiac disease receive care under the direction of board-certified physicians who bring decades of combined experience in the pediatric subspecialties of intensive care, cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery. We are confident our staff meets and exceeds all applicable standards of care in the management of these fragile patients.
Sutter pediatric doctors and staff routinely coordinate and encourage second opinions from appropriate facilities and physicians. We do not deny a patient or family request for a second opinion.
Our nurses and physicians are bound by law to call Child Protective Services if they believe a pediatric patient’s health is in danger.
We understand the stress and anguish parents go through when their child is in the hospital. Our No. 1 concern has always been the health and safety of this child, and we want him to receive the care he needs to live a long and healthy life.
Here are SOME of the stories in our stack today …
April’s Job Report is out … and it’s better than some expected.
The Home-ownership rate hits the lowest level since 1995.
Even Senator Schumer says Obamacare will drive up insurance rates in the coming years
The Suicide rate rising sharply–even surpassing those caused by car crashes and many common diseases.
Fmr Sen. Gravel: the government is covering up the existence of UFOs
“Confiscation” is a dirty word, but what should happen to a gun owner’s weapons when they become a felon or are deemed insane? California says those guns should be taken away by the state and has passed a law that would make that easier. However that’s not sitting well with critics including “Greg from Oakland”.
“Greg” called in Thursday and told Tom why he thinks the government has no right to take guns away from ANYONE, including convicted felons or the mentally ill. He argued that everyone has the right to defend themselves. Period. Tom disagreed and things got heated! Click here to listen.
1)FOX NEWS: After the latest three arrests in the Boston Bombing case, is the Senate’s immigration reform DOOMED?
2) California Gov. Jerry Brown wants to make it easier for authorities to confiscate the weapons of dangerous gun owners
3) After the FDA set the age limit at 15, the DOJ is challenging a Judge’s decision that said there should be NO age limits for PLAN B.
4) The parents who claim child services took their sick baby from them after requesting a “second opinion” have been reunited with their baby ..
5) Florida’s Governor Scott has VETOED a bill that would have ended lifetime alimony
1) SOURCES: Three “pals” of the Boston Bombers have been arrested…
3) Benghazi Whistle-blower: Special Ops were nearby and could have responded
4) Home ownership is at the lowest levels since 1995
5) Popular energy drinks under attack by regulators.